My friend Aparna is currently pursuing her MBA in a prestigious institution in Trichy. That basically sucks because BSNL's cellphone network coverage is terrible and I hardly get to have a decent conversation with her.
I pick up the phone and I dial her number. These are the responses I usually get.
1) beep beep beep beep beep beep beep (pause) different kind of beep beep beep
2) Dead silence
3) Loud engaged tone the milli second after I've dialed the number
4) ALL THE LINES IN THIS ROUTE ARE BUSY( and that lady's voice is just so damn rude!)
5) The subscriber you are calling is out of coverage area, please try after sometime.( If you wait patiently, the same message will be repeated in Tamil)
6) The subscriber you are calling has switched off. Please try after some time.
There are those rare days when I do manage to get through to her.....though trust BSNL to screw my happiness.
Myself : " Hey! I managed to get through! What are you upto? "
Aparna: " What? Cant hear.Hello?"
Myself :" Hey! I managed to get through! What are you upto? "
Aparna :" Hello? "
Myself :" Can you hear me?"
Aparna :" Now I hear you! What were you saying before? "
Myself : " I said I managed to get through! What are you upto? " "
Aparna : " Hello? "
Myself :" Grr. Hello??"
Aparna " Hellooo"
Myself : " Hullo Hullo"
Aparna : " Hallo Hallo Hallo"
Myself : " Can you hear me or not! "
Aparna : " Now I do! Tell me!"
Myself : " Well, bugging day at the office, nothing went well, need someone to crib to and extract sympathy from :-( "
Aparna : "Hallo?"
and she accuses me of losing my temper...