Sunday, May 10, 2009


Sitting in my car listening to “Ek Lau Is Tarah Kyun Bhuji Mere Maula…” , watching the wipers idly clean my windshield as the rain drops trickled down, I felt shiver of delight. It’s funny how music makes everything seem so poignant, so surreal. The yellow haze around the streetlights, the pedestrians scurrying towards shelter, the dog curled under a broken down truck, people with umbrellas queuing outside the Andhra Dum Biriyani Center , the glum looking owner of the Iyengar Bakery..for a fleeting moment everything was beautiful. I was perfectly happy, perfectly satisfied with my life.




I wish my life had background music.

4 comments:

Jass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jass said...

Very true! Background music often makes the world seem like a music video ;)

sindhu srivatsan said...

Dinesh, I just saw your link when I was looking up about Mrs Praveena Devarajan, she taught me years ago, am a physician now thanks to the likes of her and Dr Pramila Theodore. She will be missed for a long time by all whose life she touched. This message is probably years late, but thank you for her picture and her memories on your blog,

Sindhu

GST Refunds Delhi said...

Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!